- Offers classes for parents and their children, infants through five years old. Parents attend class with their child once a week. Children attend one to four times a week, depending on their age.
- Parents participate in their children’s classrooms once a week.
- Offers half-day sessions.
- Is a research based, Developmentally Appropriate Preschool.
- Implements the High Scope Curriculum.
- Has a professional, caring staff with strong backgrounds in Early Childhood Development. Our teachers are also credentialed Parent Educators.
- Provides a warm and nurturing environment where parents and children can learn together.
We believe that parents are their children’s first and foremost teachers. By offering a quality Parent Education Preschool, we are helping build stronger families and ultimately, stronger communities.
We offer a “hands on” developmentally appropriate curriculum, based on current knowledge of early childhood education, where children can learn through their play, grow at their own pace, and feel that school is a good place to be.
We provide a physically and emotionally safe, nurturing environment that respects family diversity and fosters self-esteem and personal growth for children, parents and staff.
Parents actively participate in their child’s classroom, and attend a forty-five minute discussion with the teacher and other parents during the class time.
We provide a support network for parents wherein they can not only increase their confidence in child-rearing techniques, but also develop a closer, more understanding relationship with their children through this shared experience.
We respect and support parents in their task of nurturing children, and we encourage parents to join us in being advocates for children in our schools and in society.
We encourage children to ask questions, share ideas, develop social skills and explore their world through their play. We provide opportunities that emphasize discovery through first hand experiences.
Our schedule includes large and small group experiences as well as free choice time where the children can play independently or with friends inside the classrooms, or outside in our beautiful play yards.
Our activities include music, movement, cooking, art, science, outdoor experiences, stories, drama and field trips.
We encourage parents and children to explore materials, make choices, develop friendships, solve problems, gain skills and enjoy school!